Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tonight I made a breakthrough in creating My Google Map. After fighting the "Help" page for adding video to my map, I finally received some hands on help. Success! Now,under the light of self reflection, I see two things happening; the creation of a teaching tool and the opening up of my abilities to help others learn. I believe that History needs to be as visual as possible. Reading about a place and why it has historical meaning only leads to a desire to see what it looks like. For instance,until I actually stood in front of the Palace of Versailles I never understood what the concept of "Palace" meant. The overpowering weight of the actual building,the way it is positioned to those approaching,everything done to influence the observer that the person that lives here is the most important person they will meet. So being able to present this to a student might make it possible to think in more than "one dimension".

No comments: